Today....I will change one thing -
Doing just one thing differently, each day, offers us a chance to think from a different point of view, and notice what we've been missing. Today, wear those purple pants, try that new restaurant, or take the scenic route to work ~ you will see yourself in a new perspective, in the world around you....
Watch what unfolds!
Latest News - Innate Spirit IS
I had a roommate many years ago who had expensive tastes. For her, the price tag determined the value of the item, rather than the item itself, and she believed that status symbols were a priority. I was never jealous about this, because she had to work two jobs to continuously acquire her "stuff." Eventually, she was giving her things away once they no longer brought her satisfaction. These things didn't bring her happiness at all; yet, she continued to search for a more expensive purse, a more expensive car - and it became an elusive, material hunt.
All that Glitters wants you to remember to see beyond the exterior of things and people, and to pay attention if you are being seduced into believing that beauty equals Goodness and Truth. Expensive paint jobs and repairs can easily cover a lot of deceit; once the sparkle and shine has worn off, you will eventually see the true heart, the true nature of the House. You may find Goodness and Truth; or you may be staring at an empty, cracked building, unable to hold anything of value.
The idea that a bigger house, a more expensive car, or a prestigious job will bring happiness, is an idea made from smoke and mirrors. When the glitter fades, would you still be happy and content on the inside?
I had posted something on my own page in Facebook, that triggered one of longtime my “friends,” a person who had never once showed interest in previous posts, but was now on a fierce attack against me over my opinion. As much as I tried to have a civil dialogue with her to reach an understanding, and to clear up assumptions, we have parted ways. That’s okay – she was not willing to see outside the peripherals of her own beliefs, and I couldn’t make her. I felt badly for awhile, and wondered if I had been accountable enough. But then I had to be careful not to wander into Guilt Trip Land about this, so I let it go, and wished her the best.
Fast forward a few hours later, and I was in a new restaurant with my husband. I just sensed that so much was off there: dinner orders were being taken to the wrong tables, dishes were being dropped in the kitchen, customers were impatiently asking for water, and even we were given someone else’s appetizer (don’t worry, I didn’t eat someone else’s coconut shrimp, but I wanted to!) I simply observed and enjoyed the scenery around me taking place. The dinner was delicious, and of course, my husband was the perfect date.
I don’t know if there is anything to decipher from this, or, rather to witness, and choose the best response, and act with grace and love.
One thing I do remember today, that stood out, and that was a license plate that was in front of me as I drove home: TRSTF8 (Trust Fate). I think sometimes these are Life’s vignettes – nothing major to try to figure out, but everyday experiences to be aware of, and to put into our Life Portfolios.
So of course, I asked Spirit, “Is there anything I can learn from this today?” And Spirit answered.
From the Enchanted Map, #14, Ride the Wave – my path is effortless, and I only need to go with the flow now, in spite of what I might perceive as obstacles, or strange occurrences; these are just random blips that show up on my radar, but don’t have lasting effects on far-reaching visions and goals. I handle these disruptions gracefully, and continue to focus on my dreams and desires. Spirit still has many people to introduce me to and places for me to go, that are in alignment with my highest good!
Whenever the energies are mixed, on any given day, it is best to go with the flow, and to honor the Observer. This keeps us from engaging in anything that is too sensitive to our Ego's, and honestly, doesn't have anything to do with us anyway. Don Miguel Ruiz' Four Agreements sum it up best: Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best.
Something deep down is sending you a rhythmic message, to go ahead and do that thing that means a lot to you - the thing that you know will really drive you, and give you a sense of purpose every day.
What is it? Will you start that new business you've been thinking about for years? Will you enroll in some classes that might lead you to that degree you've been wanting, or a new skill that will elevate you? This is the thing that only you know, that will connect your Heart and Soul to the Universe, where Source will say to you "I wondered when you were going to get started on that - that's what you said you wanted to come here for."
The Drum appears to us today to remind us to keep a steady beat on the meaningful rhythms of our Soul's mission. It's easy to suddenly stop hearing the pulse of what we were once passionate about a long time ago, when we allowed other priorities to drown it out. Don’t stop hearing it.
Like a good song, part of it's driving force is the steady beat of the drum track, one that is strong and motivating, with interesting fills. Remember what your drum track is about and don't let it become silent in the mix of Life's responsibilities - they will always be there....but it's up to you to keep the drive behind your drums.
Do we work to live, or do we live for our work? Are we following our dreams, or following the herd? Its true, that many of us find ourselves on a path that isn't exactly as we pictured it in our heads. We land in a job or a role that may pay well, offers good benefits and perks, but isn't very satisfying for our soul. But we can find a way to steer ourselves onto a path that does feed our passions, a path that takes us back to our Heart Journey.
The invitation of Many Paths reminds us not to abandon our journey, our reason for being sent here. We must not forget the unique contribution that we were asked to make during our incarnation here on Earth - it was part of the Soul contract that we agreed to. Do not allow the blah-ness of the everyday life numb you from remembering what your path was. What is your Heart Journey? What were you sent here to do?
(Oracle card(s) from Colette Baron-Reid's Mystical Shaman Oracle)
Our world has advanced at such a dizzying pace, in technology, communications and how we acquire our information, (exhale here) that we forget to take a breather every now and then, and step back from the Race. While we are busy upgrading, downloading, and monitoring, it's really easy to lose our connection with Source and with our inner guidance system.
Take a break from the concrete world of hard angles and sharp edges, so that you can refresh and regain clarity on your true purpose in this lifetime.
You are deserving of a timeout to go into nature, to unplug, and to reaffirm your intentions and desires in life. A simple walk in a nearby park, or just puttering around the yard, will help open up the channels between you and Source; this is where you will intuit and hear your instructions for your own vision quest!
Today, watch a little less TV, turn the smart phone off, log off the computer...and tune in to the outside world!
(Oracle card(s) from Colette Baron-Reid's The Mystical Shaman Oracle)
What do we think of when someone asks for donations? We automatically think in terms of money or material goods as a way to help a cause. Its true that money and things given away are often seen as the obvious response to someone in need, at the practical level. But there are so many other ways to give of ourselves that are even more valuable in the long run.
The Giveaway invites us to take inventory of what we can part with, with a full heart, and without expectations: our time, our knowledge, or just being there to help each other in the everyday life. Giving without expecting something back, makes room in our lives and hearts for more to come our way, for our highest good; and that's when we realize how good life really is to us. What do you count as giveaways?
(Oracle card(s) from Colette Baron-Reid's Mystical Shaman Oracle)
Who are you loyal and devoted to? Who is loyal and devoted to you? Why?
It's a good conversation to have with ourselves, to examine what we give of ourselves to others, and what we expect in return. Does our loyalty serve our highest good? And, is someone else's loyalty to us sincere, or does it come with conditions? (yes, lots of questions on this!)
No matter what the nature of loyalty in our lives, there is a give and take with this. When we are faithful to our pursuits in life and to the people we want along for the ride, that loyalty will be reciprocated.
We can make a conscientious choice at any time to change the nature of that loyalty, for whatever reason (a relationship that has gone in different directions, projects that didn't work out, jobs that are no longer a good fit).
But Source will never abandon us, or leave us hanging, so long as we trust that we are always divinely directed, and protected.
NEW MOON INTENTIONS
The New Moon reaches full darkness on 03/17/2018, at 13:12 UTC.
The New Moon....aka the Dark Moon. It doesn't get as much attention as the Full Moon, but it is just as powerful. During the New Moon phase, this is the time to set your intentions, go within, and harness those energies that are yours alone, to direct, and re-direct towards your Highest Good.
Many people love rituals, the ceremonies, as they help to reinforce beliefs, behaviors and values. Often times, they've been raised in, or exposed to a religious environment that supported the use of rituals, to mark the significance of events or occasions.
There are many rituals out there, about the New Moon; some are commonly used, and others are completely customized. That's the great thing about creating or following one: you can add to it, or take away from it, to make it your own. What matters most is the intention behind it.
Below are some widely used aspects of the New Moon ritual, laid out very simply:
1) Name Those Intentions - Think about what your intentions are, and write them down. You can use your best writing paper, and a fancy writing pen; or a regular notebook and pencil. The level of fancy-ness is up to you! Writing by hand is important, because it engages your mind to think about what your intentions are. Your thoughts carry so much power. Be specific. But keep in mind that if you are making out a Christmas Wish List, be ready to accept what comes back to you. Not sure what to say? Here’s a statement from a favorite author and psychic medium, James Van Praagh, with a little added wording to the end: “Healthy am I; Happy am I; Holy am I; And so it is, as I set forth my intention(s) to _________”
2) Create Your Space - This could be wherever you want, but ideally, outdoors, since you want to capture the essence of the New Moon. The desert or the beach are ideal spots, but not always accessible. So, your back yard or patio will do just as well. You can do a lot of things to create the ambience: add an inexpensive fire pit, outdoor lanterns or candles; even solar lights are beautiful. Have something comfortable to sit on, such as large pillows or an inexpensive patio chair.
3) Clear That Energy - This is traditionally done with a sage wand or sage bundle, which is lit on one end, then blown out until it begins to “smoke.” The smoke is what cleanses the space, clearing out any negative or heavy energies. If sage is not your favorite, you can use Palo Santo sticks (my favorite), or you can make a clearing spray with Witch Hazel, Himalayan salt and a good, clearing essential oil such as rose or lavender (this is a great alternative to those who are allergic to smoke, or just don't like the smell). Mix to your preference, and pour into a regular spray bottle. If you choose to burn sage or Palo Santo, make sure to have a bowl of water or a non-flammable container handy. You can say a simple prayer, like " Divine Spirit, I ask that you cleanse this space of all negative energies, to allow room for love, light and positive energies only; and so it is."
4) Stuff To Bring - Many people like to bring crystals, feathers, shells, or other meaningful objects, to help them focus the energies of their intentions; this is entirely optional - some people like to keep it simple, and not bring anything, to avoid the distraction of material items in their energy field. You can opt for special foods or beverages, to consume before or after, which may make your ceremony a little more special. IE: Moon Pies with Almond Milk...it doesn’t have to be deadly serious-have fun and be creative!
5) Who To Invite - This can be something you share with many people, a small handful of friends, or just yourself. The advantages to making it a group event, is that you might find it engaging and inspiring to share some of your intentions. Most likely when you speak your intentions, you’re on the hook to carry them out! Having witnesses to share with, is empowering! Once you have shared (or not) your intentions, you can keep your hand-written thoughts in a special jar, or a decorated box. What’s important is that you don’t keep going back to review your intentions-you’ve told God, the Universe, etc. Now, Source needs a chance to help you with your requests...but, action is required from you, too. This is the powerful act of Co-Creating. Source works best, when you plug into it, and take steps towards your intentions.
6) Follow Up In Two Weeks and Six Months - Two weeks after the New Moon ceremony, we have the Full Moon. The Full Moon will reveal what has been hidden, allowing you to confront it and release it. Six months after a given New Moon, take a look at the Full Moon at that time, and see what Astrological sign we’ll be in. That is the energy you’ll want to work with, regarding your intentions, six months from now. So, have your journal handy, and write down your thoughts and observations daily. What actions are you taking towards realizing your intentions? How does the Universe respond? Be patient, attentive, and most of all...surrender, and be open-minded. You’ll be amazed at what is created, and by what is delivered - on your behalf!
I am a real shutterbug, and I am constantly taking pics with my iPhone. This one was taken last Fall, during that brief moment when the trees are letting us know they will be hunkering down for the Winter. They will be back, as they always do - and we know this as it has been going on for millions of years.
We can look more closely at how adept trees are to change, loss, and growth from it all - The world swirls around them, and they silently observe...as their branches stretch skyward, their roots keep them firmly grounded.
Like those trees that stand guard, the outer conditions of our lives cannot shake what we have built, created and stored up in our houses of strengths, knowledge and abilities. We utilize this skill set, in partnership with Spirit to ensure that our ground is always untouched, and always remains our stronghold.